Knit like a local in Paris with nine French designers and their ten patterns inspired by Parisian history and neighborhoods. Plus go on a yarn crawl through the Arrondissements and learn where to go, what to see, eat, and drink in the City of Light with locals who know.
From the Eiffel Tower to jardins a la française, take a knitting whirl through Paris. We introduce you to nine French knitwear designers, visit eight Parisian LYSes, and share our favorite bits of the City of Light.
Want to know where to find the Paris that the locals know and love? I Knit Paris shares shops, restaurants, cafes, bars, museums, and more. And if you can’t make it to the City of Light, we include lists of our favorite books, movies, TV shows, and songs, so you can bring Paris home.
Ten knitting patterns include:
- La Dame de Fer Cardigan by Marie Amélie Designs
- Escalier Hat & Cowl by Sara Maternini/La Cave a Laine
- Jardin a la Française Socks by Chloé Fourtune-Ravard/Tisserin Coquet
- Mariniere Hat & Mitts by Lucile Francomme/Lucile Designs Ateliers
- Notre-Dame Shawl by Christelle Bagea/Tricot et Stitch
- Running Up That Hill Shawl by Enrico Castronovo/Les Tricoteurs Volants
- Tour Eiffel Shawl by Julie Dubreux/Julie Knits in Paris
- A Tower in Paris Pullover by Marion Crivelli
- Tuileries Pullover by Julie Dubreux/Julie Knits in Paris
- Vivienne Beret by Sylvie Polo/Polo & Co.
All patterns are in English and include schematics, measurements, written instructions, and charts as needed.
Yarn support by La Bien Aimée, De Rerum Natura, La Fée Fil, Maison Corlène, Les Petits Points Parisiennes, Polo & Co., Tôt Le Matin, (Vi)laines, and Yarn by Simone.
Plus visit eight Parisian yarn shops with Kathleen Dames/kathleen dames knitwear design and Alice O’Reilly/Backyard Fiberworks.
Photographed on location in Paris by French photographer Clara Ferrand. Illustrations by Laurel Johnson, Mountain Laurel Artwork